- Asphalt/Bitumen Melter
- YDST Series Diesel Oil Burner Barrel Melter
YDST Series Diesel Oil Burner Barrel Melter, Bitumen Drum Decanter
Feiteng YDST series barrel asphalt melter are used to heat and re-liquefy asphalt stored in drums. This asphalt melting unit integrates diesel oil burner as its heating unit, so it is primarily suitable for areas where thermal oil boiler is unavailable, because of the built-in diesel oil burner can be used an alternative.
- In comparison with those asphalt melting equipment that need thermal oil boiler to heat up asphalt, this series integrated bitumen barrel melter has lower investment cost and less area occupied. So that users can be benefited from this asphalt melter due to it no need to install additional thermal oil boiler.
- The built-in heating boiler helps asphalt in tank to absorb heat effectively, this direct absorption accelerates heat transfer, and heat loss can be minimized.
- Adopting indirect heating method to raise the internal temperature inside combustion chamber, it prevents the asphalt from aging caused by overheating.
- Baltur diesel oil burner is used since its stable working performance and low energy consumption. The burner is temperature controlled for its start and stop, featuring a high degree of automation. Manual control is also available as a backup.
|Production capacity (t/h)||4-6||8-10||10-15|
|Bitumen tank capacity (m3)||9||14||19|
|Number of drum rails||2||2||3|
|Dimension (L x W x H) (m)||9.1×2.2×2.55||12×2.2×2.55||12×2.8×2.55|
|Total power (kW)||15||17||17|
|Diesel oil burner capacity (Kcal/hr)||600,000||600,000||800,000|
- Due to indirect heating of thermal oil to raise the internal temperature uniformly for asphalt melting, it efficiently prevents asphalt from aging during heating.
- This asphalt melter is equipped with hoisting unit to transfer asphalt drum which opens upward, and place the drum on tipping unit for turning over. This significantly reduces labor intensity, while still avoiding any melted asphalt spill from the equipment, minimizing asphalt loss and environmental contamination.
- The drum tipping unit has rotary shaft to facilitate push the drums over so that the drum opens downward, this further decreases the use of personnel.
- There are two parts in this asphalt melter, heating chamber at upper part and melted asphalt storage tank at lower part. The heating coils located inside heating chamber transfers heat to steel drums effectively, enable asphalt to be rapidly released from drums and dropped into storage tank laid with heating coils at bottom for further heating until it completely liquefied. It features larger heat exchange area, and higher melting speed.
- Self-closing doors are designed at both front and rear sides of the melting equipment. These doors will be quickly and automatically closed when a single drum passes, it helps to reduce the heat loss, as well as gives facility to enter and exit of drums.
- Melted asphalt is pumped out through the bitumen transfer pump, and bitumen filter is assembled in the pump to filter impurities from asphalt.
- The heating chamber and storage tank are insulated with 100mm rockwool and wrapped with pre-coated steel sheet,ensuring better insulation performance, and keeping heat loss to a minimum.
- All the electrical components are introduced from internationally known brands, so the asphalt melting unit maintains a stable operation during decanting process. In addition, operation safety is also guaranteed by implementing of centralized controlling and monitoring temperature of asphalt and thermal oil. And sound prompting with indicator light flashing will be activated automatically when liquid asphalt level exceeds a set control limit.
- With integrally built structure, this asphalt melting equipment is convenient to be transported and installed. Users only need to assembly bitumen pumps, hoisting unit and other auxiliary units used for transferring asphalt.